Be empowered with Employer Education Seminars and Opioid Strategy Session

first_imgLawrenceburg, IN—Indiana Workforce recovery is offering Employer Education Seminars and Opioid Strategy Session that will be taking place in Columbus on March 3, Rushville on March 5, and Lawrenceburg on March 9. These sessions will provide employers with knowledge and resources to protect their businesses and assist their valuable employees. The agenda includes legal guidance on drug-free workplace policies, how to detect drug use among employees, stories of recovery and connections to local treatment and recovery efforts.For more information and to register for the program, click here.last_img read more

Smalling, Sanchez extend loan deals

first_imgRelatedPosts EPL: Red Devils attack Palace I wanted Manchester United exit after one training session — Sanchez US billionaire completes takeover of AS Roma Manchester United duo Chris Smalling and Alexis Sanchez have extended their loan deals at Roma and Inter Milan respectively.Smalling has impressed for Roma during the 2019-20 campaign, making 30 appearances in all competitions, while Sanchez has scored once in 19 outings for Inter since arriving last summer. Both players had been due to return to Old Trafford at the start of July, but a statement on the English club’s official website has confirmed that the duo will finish the 2019-20 Serie A campaign at Roma and Inter.“Manchester United pair Chris Smalling and Alexis Sanchez will both see out the remainder of the 2019/20 domestic campaign in Italy, after the decision was made to extend their loan contracts with Roma and Inter Milan respectively,” read the statement from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.Roma are allegedly keen to sign Smalling on a permanent deal this summer, although Inter are not thought to be interested in signing Sanchez on a long-term basis at this stage.Inter are currently third in Serie A as they chase down the top two, while Roma occupy fifth spot in the table, nine points off fourth-placed Atalanta BC on the same number of games.Tags: Alexis SanchezAS Romachris smallingOld Traffordlast_img read more

Nikhat Zareen Shunted from World Championship Trials; Writes to Boxing Federation of India

first_imgNew Delhi: Nikhat Zareen was all-set to take on Vanduatilal in the 51-kg trial for the World Championships on Tuesday when the 23-year-old was told by the chairman of the selectors Rajesh Bhandari that her bout wouldn’t take place just to ensure that she is protected for the future and not exposed at a young age in the World Championships.The move has come as a rude shock for both the boxer and her father who had travelled from Hyderabad to the national capital for the trials for the championship to be held in Russia in October.In a letter to the officials of the Boxing Federation of India, accessed by IANS, the boxer requested for an explanation on why she had been stopped from competing even though she had seen her name on the list when the schedule was first released.“As per our discussion yesterday and your assurance that my bout for the 51-kg for the World Championships trials will surely happen today, I’m surprised to see that the schedule list which was circulated this (Wednesday) morning, my name and weight category doesn’t feature.“This is in light of the fact that yesterday my name and weight category was there in the schedule and was supposed to be the first bout. Still at the last moment we were told by all of you officials that my fight with Vanduatilal of All India Police will not take place.”“I request an urgent explanation as to what is happening and what is the final decision in this regard,” she said.In an email to president Ajay Singh, Nikhat Zareen wrote: “I’m writing this email out of sheer frustration and feeling of helplessness. To my utter surprise and disappointment, I was today informed just before the bouts were supposed to start by the Chairman Selection Committee, Rajesh Bhandari, that my bout will not happen today and there are some internal discussions happening to ensure I’m protected for future and avoid getting exposed at a young age in World Championships.“I’m really surprised by this action as I have already participated in World Championships in 2016 and if I was fine then, so in 2019, I surely cannot be young and this cannot be the reason.“I, as a citizen of India and a boxer under BFI, only request that a fair trial should happen for all boxers under your leadership. If there is a rule for all of us, it needs to be consistent for all of us irrespective of whatever stature a particular boxer is. I look forward to your immediate intervention and restoring the faith of every boxer in India.”She represented India at the World Championships at Kazakhstan in 2016 and also won a Bronze in the recently concluded Asian Championship.Speaking to IANS, her father said that the whole thing came as a rude shock because both Nikhat and her opponent were ready to head into the ring when it was announced that the bout wouldn’t take place.“The name was there on 6th (Tuesday), but when they got ready to enter the ring, the judges were also there and after that they were told there will be no trial in her category only.“Then they said that we will discuss the matter and then will let us know if the fight happens today. But again, the name wasn’t there on the list. They are saying it is the order of the federation. The president has always been very supportive and this has been surprising. We wanted a fair trial and nothing more. We are still waiting for a clarity in the matter,” he rued.“Here we are aiming for the Olympics and see where we are stuck. Hoping that even if not today, they hold the trials tomorrow. She has been consistent and has performed against some of the best boxers and age cannot be an issue.” Nikhat was the Junior World Champion in 2011 and Youth World Silver Medalist in 2013. (IANS)Also Read: Nikhat Zareen, Deepak Singh Storm Into Semi Finals Of Thai Boxing Meetlast_img read more

AFCON 2019: Injured Atsu ruled out of Ghana’s final group game v Guinea-Bissau

first_imgGhana coach Kwesi Appiah has confirmed Christian Atsu will take no part in the Black Stars final group game against Guinea-Bissau at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt. Atsu has been ruled out of the important clash due to injury.  The Newcastle United winger picked up the injury in the Black Stars goalless stalemate against Cameroon on Saturday. Defender Jonathan Mensah also sustained a knock in the match. “A scan was conducted on the two players – Atsu and Jonathan Mensah – after the game with Cameroon. Atsu’s injury looks a bit serious and he will not be ready for the game but Jonathan will train this afternoon for us to take a final decision,” Kwesi Appiah said before the Guinea-Bissau game.The Black Stars injury situation is on the rise as Thomas Agyepong will not be available for selection after injuring himself in the first game against Benin.  Also out of the game is defender Kassim Nuhu, who is suspended. Black Stars must beat Guinea-Bissau on Tuesday to avoid an embarrassing early exit from the competition. —Follow all the tournament games with #JoyAFCON. There’s live radio commentary on Joy 99.7FM, post-match programs on Joy FM, JoyNews TV (available via MultiTV Digibox and on DStv channel 421), Joy Prime (on DStv 281), analysis shows, and fan zones. Follow complete social media coverage on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with @JoySportsGH.last_img read more

Rhone, Scotiabank praise Sunshine Girls

first_img Scotiabank has been supporting the development of Jamaica’s netball programme since 2006. Michael Jones, senior vice-president of human resource, lauded the Sunshine Girls. “I wanna let the team know that no matter where you got to, we regard you as great winners, as part of an enduring legacy of great winners that Jamaica has produced and continue to produce,” he outlined. Other representatives who spoke were Yanique Forbes Patrick, vice-president of Caribbean Central and Shelly Sykes Coley, sponsorship manager. Team captain, Nicole Aiken-Pinnock said thanks on behalf of the team, while Netball Jamaica president, Marva Bernard, thanked sponsors. “I would really just like to say to my ladies, do not empower the naysayers, do not empower the critics, we have nothing to be ashamed of, we are proud Jamaicans, we are proud Sunshine Girls and we know it has been difficult for us coming home here. But guess what, we are resilient and thankful to Scotia Bank and all our sponsors,” stressed Bernard. International Netball Federation (INF) president, Molly Rhone, believes that despite Jamaica’s team returning home without medalling at the Netball World Cup in Sydney, Australia, they should be credited for retaining their fourth-place world ranking. Australia won the championship ahead of archrivals New Zealand, while England placed third. The Sunshine Girls again failed to medal, just like at the 2011 World Cup. “I don’t think people understand what some of these ladies (Sunshine Girls) are up against when they go out there to play these giants,” Rhone said yesterday, while speaking at an official breakfast to welcome home the Sunshine Girls, inside Scotiabank’s marketing boardroom, at their office downtown Kingston. “They (Australia, New Zealand and England) are not only giants in terms of play, but their size and the whole operation that they lead,” continued Rhone. The INF president noted: “Australia has a company of 150 employees, England has more than that and New Zealand about 60,” while stressing that Australia’s talent pool numbers about one million. “We are still number four in the World and that’s some achievement for a team sport in Jamaica. So girls, well done, management, coach, Marva (Bernard) I know you have given it your all. Congrats, and I wanna thank Nova Scotia because you are one of the people who have stuck with them,” Rhone added. enduring legacylast_img read more

Man Utd defensive target included in La Liga Team of the Year

first_imgJust three players included in La Liga’s Team of The Year don’t currently ply their trade for either Barcelona or Real Madrid.Spain’s top two clubs benefit from a wealth of talent and it’s no surprise to see their ranks dominate the cream of the crop that the nation has to offer.However, extra kudos must be awarded to those that have done enough to be recognised, despite not featuring for the country’s traditional powerhouses.Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann, who scored a total of 22 goals last season, has managed to edge out Brazilian superstar Neymar for a place in the front line alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.Meanwhile, Nicolas Otamendi, the latest man to be heralded as the solution to Manchester United’s defensive problems, has earned a deserved place in the heart of defence.REVEALED: Top 10 players linked with a move to Old Trafford this summerThe 27-year-old has enjoyed a fine debut season with Los Che, but they now face a battle to retain the Argentine’s services, given the calibre of clubs that are interested in his signature.Finally, Sevilla’s defensive midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak has been deemed worthy of a place in the centre of the park, flanked by James Rodriguez and Ivan Rakitic.The Poland international has attracted interest from Arsenal, who are in need of an enforcer that can complement the talent of Francis Coquelin.The 25-year-old recently changed his agent, which has put the Gunners on alert as he could be on his way out of the Andalusian outfit before the end of the summer.You can see the full La Liga Team of The Year, as voted by the website’s writers,  in the graphic below: 2 Nicolas Otamendi center_img 2last_img read more

The video to highlight why Man City fans were labelled a ‘disgrace’

first_img Whenever this song is played, Man City fans will boo it Wow, listen to the scream “THECHAAAAMPIOOOOONS” from OUTSIDE San Siro pic.twitter.com/ydwnh408z9— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) September 18, 2018The match, which they won 2-1, was Inter’s first Champions League appearance in six years and it was a stark contrast to the Etihad where Manchester City hosted Lyon.Fans of the Premier League club are usually heard booing the song when it plays before matches and in the recent game, fans were labelled a ‘disgrace’ by talkSPORT host Jason Cundy.Much of the post-match discussion featured heavily around the empty seats and the impact it had on the team.“They are still in Manchester United’s shadow and, as far as I am concerned, they will be there for a long time,” he ranted. 1 🔴 “They are still in Manchester United’s shadow”🤬 “Not to turn up, those empty seats…It’s a disgrace!”#MCFC fans, @JasonCundy05 has plenty to say to you! pic.twitter.com/DqB98mnSiz— talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) September 20, 2018City, with manager Pep Guardiola banished from the sidelines, lost 2-1 to the French Ligue 1 side. Before this season’s competition began, they were among the favourites to win the whole thing, but defeat marked their fourth consecutive Champions League loss.There was good news this week, however, when it was announced star striker Sergio Aguero was extending his contract by a further year.“I am happy for this additional year,” he told CityTV. “My idea was being here for 10 years. I’ve been here for seven years, it’s going to be 10 when the contract expires.“Hopefully, that’s going to happen. This was the main reason I signed.” Inter fans were clearly up for their first Champions League game of the season as they made a tremendous noise at the San Siro stadium.As the competition’s official anthem played, supporters screamed the words ‘champions’ before their game against Tottenham kicked off.last_img read more