Handball Chief Heads MCSSTA Elections Commission

first_imgThe controversy that affected the recent elections of the Monrovia Consolidated Scholl System’s Teachers Association (MCSCTA) will now be a thing of the past as a new Independent Elections Commission (IEC) has been set.According to a press release from the Commission, Mr. J. Mason Saweler is now head of the IEC as chairman. He will be assisted by seven members.Mr. Saweler is the president of the Liberia National Handball Association (LNHA).His co-chairperson is Ms. Sonita Dangan with Mr. J. Nwanakula Paye as secretary.Other members are Mr. John K. Cummings and Ms. Quita Kumakeh. The release said the National Teachers Association of Liberia (NTAL) and the University of Liberia Faculty Association (ULFA) would each submit a representative as members of the Commission.Chairman Saweler said the Commission has begun its work and elections are set for February 17, 2017 with the debate set for February 16, 2017.“We are working to ensure that candidates contest in the spirit of transparency,” Saweler said, “it is regrettable that efforts at holding elections for the members resulted into controversies and we can assure the MCSSTA members that fairness will be our watchword.”The release said the result of the selection of the Independent National Election (INE) was communicated to MCSS Superintendent Benjamin A. Jacobs on November 28, 2016.“As we strive for a better institution, it is our ardent hope that we will do all in our power to make this process a success,” Saweler said.He called on MCSSTA members to cooperate with the Independent Elections Commission (IEC) to bring honor to the organization in particular and to the educational system as a whole, the release said.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Brentford’s defender faces disciplinary action over refusal to play

first_img James Tarkowski Brentford defender James Tarkowski faces internal disciplinary action after refusing to play in tonight’s Sky Bet Championship clash with Burnley.The Bees have issued a statement clarifying their stance, with the Clarets having reportedly bid for the 23-year-old earlier this week.The statement read: “James Tarkowski will be the subject of internal disciplinary action after telling head coach Dean Smith that he did not wish to play against Burnley in tonight’s Sky Bet Championship match.“Following discussions with Smith, Tarkowski declared himself unavailable for the fixture despite being selected in the starting line-up. As a result of these actions, he will be disciplined by the club.“Any resulting sanction will remain confidential and the club will make no further comment on potential punishment.“Tarkowski has been the subject of transfer bids during the current January transfer window but none have matched the club’s valuation of the player. In fact, all recent bids have been substantially lower than one that was rejected last year.”Tarkowski, valued at £5million by Brentford, is said to be keen on a move back to the north west and is aware of interest from the Clarets.He told Get West London on Wednesday: “It’s between the clubs. I can’t decide if I’m moving from club to club. It’s up to Brentford to decide where my future lies.” 1last_img read more