Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Pingris went to as far as comparing the meeting to a championship series.“Every time we face Ginebra, we feel like we’re in the Finals. The history is there with Manila Clasico and a lot of fans are watching.”Pingris, though, will have to wait until the finals for his dream matchup to come true and given that both teams survive their respective quarterfinals and semifinals duels.Meralco’s 104-101 victory over San Miguel in the final eliminations game on Sunday propelled Ginebra to the No. 3 spot and Star to four.The Gin Kings will face the Grand Slam-seeking Beermen in the playoffs, while the Hotshots will have an early rematch with the NLEX Road Warriors, whom they beat 101-93 on Sunday.ADVERTISEMENT With the match-ups now set, Pingris’ focus is on Star’s cohesion as it seeks to further develop its teamwork in the quarters with reinforcement Kristofer Acox in tow.“What’s important here is the chemistry we’re building. We changed imports so he needs to understand our games and know that it’s always going to be our defense which will help us win games,” he said.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next DAY6 is for everybody “Even if we’re twice-to-win, I want Ginebra,” said the energetic forward.Pingris has no problems even if the odds will be stacked against the Hotshots knowing that their team will be tested early, and what better opponent to have than the reigning Governors’ Cup champion to gauge themselves.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smog“It’s a great feeling to play because you’ll be facing a strong team. If you can’t beat them, how can you be a champion? It’s better to face a strong team early,” he said.Since coach Tim Cone left for the Gin Kings, the Purefoods franchise are 4-10 against its fierce rival and has lost its last four duels. View comments PBA IMAGES“To be the best, you have to beat the best.”And that’s exactly what Marc Pingris wants Star to do as he wishes for a collision course with defending champion Barangay Ginebra in the playoffs.ADVERTISEMENT Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award How to help the Taal evacuees OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Mos Burger to open in Manila; teases with a pop-up Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Fajardo takes blame for SMB loss to Bolts In ‘Jojo Rabbit,’ Comedy and Drama Collide LATEST STORIES It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ
Gardai have launched an investigation following the discovery of a young man’s body in Co Donegal.The body of the man, who was in his 30s, was found at a house in Ballybofey on Saturday morning.The man has been named locally as James Devlin who was originally from Glasgow but has lived in the area for a number of years. It is understood that Mr Devlin, who was aged 35, had been at a house party at the house earlier in the evening.The house at Cappry, Ballybofey has been sealed off and a full Garda investigation has been launched.The man’s body was taken to Letterkenny University Hospital for a post-mortem which is expected to take place tomorrow (Mon).A Garda spokesman confirmed that a body was found at Cappry, Ballybofey at 9am on Saturday morning and removed to Letterkenny Hospital. A spokesman for the Garda Press Office said the results of that post-mortem will determine the direction their investigation will take.The man’s family, who are based in Scotland, have been made aware of his death.A fundraising campaign has been launched to bring his remains back to Scotland once the Garda investigation has been completed.Local county councillor Patrick McGowan said the community was shocked by the discovery of the man’s body.“The news of this death is spreading around the town and the entire community of Ballybofey is saddened and shocked by this death. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family,” he said. Breaking: House sealed off by Gardai after man’s body found was last modified: May 29th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Ballybofeydeathinvestigation
Washougal landmark Camp Melacoma has been purchased by a new nonprofit organization in a deal expected to preserve the recreational site’s natural beauty for future generations.“It will forever and always be a kids’ camp dedicated to the community,” said Dodi Jensen, who with her husband, Andy Jensen, formed the nonprofit Camp Melacoma Association to purchase the camp for $150,000 from Portland-based Camp Fire Columbia.But the new owner must clean up an arsenic-tainted water system before it can reopen the historical 120-acre former Camp Fire facility. The rustic youth camp and surrounding acres of forest are more than 13 miles north of state Highway 14 in Skamania County, just off the winding Washougal River Road.Public health officials shut down the camp in 2010 because of high levels of arsenic discovered in one of its three underground wells, a persistent problem with other wells in the area, said Nikki Hollatz, environmental health specialist with Skamania County.“They were told the camp cannot operate until they install an arsenic treatment system,” she said.The facility could reopen within two years, say the Jensens, who have been the camp’s live-in caretakers since 2008.Valued at more than $1.25 million, the property includes 17 buildings. There are 11 bunkhouse-style cabins and two lodges — Nieman Lodge, for dining, and Wineberg Lodge. It also features a heated outdoor swimming pool, an archery range, an open-air pavilion and a canoe pond.